THERE IS ONE SEASON,THAT MANY A YOUTH WOULD NEVER FORGET.IT IS THE SEASON OF LOVE..WHETHER TRUE LOVE OR LUST OR INFACTUATION..IT IS THE VALENTINE SEASON! over 200 million valentine cards and flowers are exchanged each year.just as each celebration ends up with an estimated over 2 million unwanted pregnancies,over 20,000 disease infections,and over 2000 broken relationships.
for a start,lets have a look at the history of the seasson..
While some believe that Valentine’s Day is celebrated in the middle of February to commemorate the anniversary of Valentine’s death or burial–which probably occurred around A.D. 270–others claim that the Christian church may have decided to place St. Valentine’s feast day in the middle of February in an effort to “Christianize” the pagan celebration of Lupercalia. Celebrated at the ides of February, or February 15, Lupercalia was a fertility festival dedicated to Faunus, the Roman god of agriculture, as well as to the Roman founders Romulus and Remus.
Most scholars believe that the St. Valentine of the holiday was a priest who attracted the disfavor of Roman emperor Claudius II around 270. At this stage, the factual ends and the mythic begins. According to one legend, Claudius II had prohibited marriage for young men, claiming that bachelors made better soldiers. Valentine continued to secretly perform marriage ceremonies but was eventually apprehended by the Romans and put to death. Another legend has it that Valentine, imprisoned by Claudius, fell in love with the daughter of his jailer. Before he was executed, he allegedly sent her a letter signed “from your Valentine.” Probably the most plausible story surrounding St. Valentine is one not focused on Eros (passionate love) but on agape (Christian love): he was martyred for refusing to renounce his religion.
To begin the festival, members of the Luperci, an order of Roman priests, would gather at a sacred cave where the infants Romulus and Remus, the founders of Rome, were believed to have been cared for by a she-wolf or lupa. The priests would sacrifice a goat, for fertility, and a dog, for purification. They would then strip the goat’s hide into strips, dip them into the sacrificial blood and take to the streets, gently slapping both women and crop fields with the goat hide. Far from being fearful, Roman women welcomed the touch of the hides because it was believed to make them more fertile in the coming year. Later in the day, according to legend, all the young women in the city would place their names in a big urn. The city’s bachelors would each choose a name and become paired for the year with his chosen woman. These matches often ended in marriage.
Lupercalia survived the initial rise of Christianity and but was outlawed—as it was deemed “un-Christian”–at the end of the 5th century, when Pope Gelasius declared February 14 St. Valentine’s Day. It was not until much later, however, that the day became definitively associated with love. During the Middle Ages, it was commonly believed in France and England that February 14 was the beginning of birds’ mating season, which added to the idea that the middle of Valentine’s Day should be a day for romance
NOW THAT WE HAVE A ROUGH IDEA OF VALENTINES DAY HISTORY,WHAT SHALL BE DONE? HOW DO WE MAKE IT A SUCCESS? HOW DO WE KEEP THE LOVE GOING?
- START WITH YOURSELF transform yourself from someone who is a victim to someone who makes things happen. Take responsiblity for your thoughts, actions and results. And any time you catch yourself not taking responsibility for your life, stop and tell yourself: “I take responsibility.” Especially in those moments when it’s easy to blame things on someone else. That’s the most important time. By taking responsibility for your whole life, you’ll become a much better man — and create the life you want in the process
- HAVE A VALUE Have something more important in your life other than just your relationship.some things are primary in life.the best to way to start is to have a start. It can get annoying if the only thing you want to do is be together and do nothing else. Do something interesting that will occupy and keep your attention, something that makes you feel good about yourself and worthy. It can be a hobby, a sport, or just friends that are not mutual. Being too dependent on each other in a relationship can be annoying and can make you just too “clingy” eventually, which is annoying.
- BUILD YOUR SELF IMAGE Use your God-given to create a rich image of the type of person you’d like to be. Get a clear picture of that person in your mind, and reflect on it often. Ask yourself if you’re the person you’d like to be. If the answer is no, figure out who that person is, and clarify it over time. Make it so compelling that you want to move towards it. The clearer you make it, the more likely you’ll become that person. Keep focusing on it, and you’ll quickly become very attractive to people — and yourself
for more tips see you next next week!
Latest posts by CAESAR (see all)
- 12 Things At The ModCloth Black Friday Sale That Would Make *Chef's Kiss* Excellent Gifts - November 26, 2020
- All The Best Black Friday Fashion Deals - November 26, 2020
- Here Are The Best Black Friday Deals For Your WFH Setup - November 26, 2020
- 21 Of The Best Things You Can Get From Under Armour's Black Friday Sale - November 26, 2020