some people eat more of snacks than they do food. if you have never tasted chin chin.. you probably are not a snacks person! if you are a chin chin lover, why not try figure out how to make your own chin chin to your taste 🙂
chin chin is one of the most popular snacks, loved by almost everyone,all ages, from your kindagarten kid that’s grown teeth to the nonagenarian grannie. when made with the right ingredients, chin chin can be as nourishing as any other complete food!
- 4 cups all-Purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (iodized)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest (grated)
- 5 tablespoon margarine
- 3/4 cup milk
- enough oil for deep frying
- to taste vanilla flavor (if you like)
add the flour into a bowl containing the sugar, milk flavour and nutmeg.
- Using a mixer or by hand mix the dry ingredients; flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, nutmeg and lime zest
Break the eggs into a bowl, whisk well, add 3/4 of the milk to the egg, together with the vanilla flavour if using it.
Create a well in the middle of the flour mixture and pour in the milk-egg liquid.Keep mixing until you have formed a sticky dough ball
Sprinkle some flour on a flat surface, take a good chunk of the dough, knead and then flatten on the surface. Use your rolling pin or bottle and roll the dough flat and smooth. Cut into your desired shapes and styles. Sprinkle a little flour on them to keep from clumping together.
- Divide dough in half .On a floured board roll each half about 1/6 inches thick. Just like linguine or fettuccine. You can make it easy by using a pasta machine if you have one available. Make shapes as desired.
Add oil (about 3 inches deep) to a heated skillet/sauce pan that is over medium heat and bring it to 375 degrees .
Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown. Chin-chin normally gets burnt very fast, especially the last batch that is scooped out when it’s done. Try to regulate the temperature of your oil by lowering the heat when scooping out the cooked dough, as well as when adding fresh ones to fry.
Latest posts by Chef (see all)
- how to make yummy chin chin your appetite will never reject - October 10, 2017
- how you make your cakes at home without oven! - August 20, 2017
- Aloo potato chaat : welcome to india! - August 11, 2017
- Banana oatmeal cookies - August 10, 2017