Aloo potato chaat
all cultures have their snacks and delicacies, the Indian aloo potato chaat is certainly the most popular snack in North India!
- 5 cups cups cubed potatoes, (firmly boiled peeled and cut to size)
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon ginger (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chilli (to taste)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 table spoon bhuna jeera
- 1 teaspoon amchoor
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/7 teaspoon asafetida
- 1/7 teaspoon citric acid
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 1/2 spoon sugar
mix all the spices really well and set aside
Heat flat frying pan on medium high heat
add the oil to warm frying pan
Place the potatoes on the frying pan and sprinkle the salt over the potatoes.
Stir fry the potatoes until all sides are golden brown
Turn off the heat and sprinkle ginger, cilantro, green chilies, lemon juice and about 1 tablespoon of mixed spice and mix, making sure all the pieces of potatoes are coated.
Taste one of the potatoes and add more spice mix to your taste.
your aloo potato chaat is ready!
Bennet Kumar would often keep telling me that if i tasted Indian snacks,i would not want to eat anything else again! this sounded like the usual exaggeration buta little investigation proved Ben right.have you tasted the indian aloo potato chaat?
Latest posts by Chef (see all)
- how to make yummy chin chin your appetite will never reject - October 10, 2017
- how you make your cakes at home without oven! - August 20, 2017
- Aloo potato chaat : welcome to india! - August 11, 2017
- Banana oatmeal cookies - August 10, 2017